4th day

This day was not that eventful besides the fact that the same rookie can not keep up with us. I think that he needs to just quit...but that is what you probably think about all of them. I think that you think that way about all the rookies, but then they come through and make it through the season. So the PT in the morning was a nice light hike...with a cubie of course. So the morning PT was a joke but we sill had to do pack pushups. Then class which we will have one more day on tuesday to finish it. But tomorrow we will be going off base and learning how to setup hose lays and pumps. so if nothing else tomorrow will be fun and to see how the rookies will handle the pumps and hiking up hills and shit.

Then the PT night session was the hardest one yet. It started off we had to to 678 pull-ups then 876 dips. Then 876 pull-ups and 678 dips. So that hurt pretty bad....by the time we were on the second 6 set of pull-ups we had to be spotted for just about the rest of them. Then we lined up to do squats for about 5 mins or so. Went for a mile run where we circled up and did more push-ups and sit-ups. Then ran another mile where we circled up and did and power set. this means that we did 7 tricep pushups, 10 regular sit-ups, 10 normal push-ups, 10 crunches, 10 wide push-ups, then 7 leg lifts to end set one. Why it is called a power set is because you do not stop until after the leg lifts. So then take a 30-40 second break and now do that whole set 14 more times. Normally you would do 20 sets but luckily the rookie was so slow that we did not have time to finish the last 5. thank heavens bc I was not able to push out the last 2 of the last 2 or three sets. And for those of you that are confused becasue I do not know how to write....it was the hardest PT session yet. My whole body is sore as ever.

But I made through day 4 and now on to day 5. I hope all you are enjoying the blog...there will be about 7 or 8 more before I am hopefully on a fire any where in teh states and Canada. Love to all

Comments

Anonymous said…
Whew! Reading about your PT days is tiring me out! :) You're one tough guy E! Hang in there! I like to read what you are up to and hear that you are atleast surviving. Your trip out West looks like it was fun. We miss you here too!!! :) G
Anonymous said…
of course I dont really understand what you are doing but what I do know is this: I cannot do anywhere close to that many pullups, dips, pushups, triceps, squats, runs, cubies, leg ifts, power sets, situps.

I Lova you and I am proud of you bro! I know I don't say it much but I feel it all the time.

You should create a twitter.com account, it can send IM text msgs to anyone who subscribes to you.