It has been so slow

I try not to thik about it...at least this is what people tell me to do but it is getting harder and harder every day. Not only are there not very many fires or should I say none but I am starting to think what it would be like if I stayed home and worked on my relatinship with Sarah. Not to say that things with me and Sarah are not working, they are working extremely well, but what if i stayed home and just put all my efforts into US. So back to the fire thing both of these are heavily related. In Alaska the fire season is from the initial start, which is normally around June 1st or sooner, to the middle of July. Alaska has what is called the roll over date. In order not to complicate things for all of you reading this I will tell it how I see it. On July 10th Alaska gets together all big wigs of the Fire Zones and decides wether to stay in Alaska for teh majority of the Nations fire season or to ship all resources, including us, down to the lower 48. If you want to know more I can explain it just ask. But for the sake of making it easy...if the fire season does not start soon we will potentially not even fight fire in Alaska. I mean we may get one or tow fires but their is a very big potential for us to get no fire in AK. Now what everyone keeps saying is that the 04' season started just like this and it started on June 22nd and did not end until Oct 20th.

That is all fine and dandy but for us in the year 2008 I think it is far fetched for it to happen again. So we all think that we will be going down to the lower 48 very soon. But now comes the major predicament their are NO fires in the lower 48 either. The whole nation has about 12 active fires as we speak, worth mentioning that is. Now to give you a little insight at this same tiem last year we had all ready gone to the 11 day fire in Minnesota/Canada, been on a 3 day fire AK, and done at least 20 days or so of project work. Which means we were sitting pretty at about 250 OTS. And this year we only have 57. That is misserable!!! I need to have more money to provide me in the winter. Yes I do plan on getting a job this winter I also plan on making a good chunk of money this summer.....has not happened yet.

So now this brings up my other point...I took this job to make money and also knowing the fact that I will be on fire to keep my mind focused on my life and everything around me to keep me alive I now am just sitting around a missing Sarah more and more each and every day. Granted Sarah is an extremely strong woman for letting me leave this year and understanding that I had no choice. But I am having a hard time talking to her every day and not being able to be by her. I always think about how much closer we would be if I stayed. I miss her so much and I miss every one so much. This is starting to take a toll on me. I just want something to start up so I can get this built up longing out of me in the form of very hard labor.

Dont be mislead by any of this it is just me venting. I am stable and 100% fine it is just gnawing at me that is all. I love all of you and will write again when something fun or important happens. Til then Love to all and miss you all so so so much

E

Comments

Anonymous said…
Sorry this season has a slow start E! I know how it is when there is nothing but time to think...not usually good. But maybe it will help you figure out some things and make some decisions about what to do. And if this season is slow it will make it easier to be done with it if that is what you decide. Until then, I will pray you get some labor to make some $s. WE MISS YOU SO SO MUCH HERE TOO!
Alex P said…
Thanks for the words of advice....I have been able to make a lot of decisions and been able to think about what I want to do later in life. Thanks for the prayers also. Love E
Hey E. Top 3 highlights at WLB....

(1) Rain, Rain, Rain.

It rained a lot at WLB. The sun finally broke on Friday. It was an awesome day. Kept thinking you and Sarah will love it there one day!!!

As Stevee 5000 says when it rains at While Lake its like we are, "trapped like rats in a stinking hell hole." Wasn't that bad, actually. It is amazing how the kids ranging from less than a year to 18 years of age play together. I love it!

It was a wierd feeling for many of us. We are vacationing, while the rest of the State is sandbagging to prevent more loss of property and their homes.


(2) The first WLB 5K.

Well, it was more like 2.9 Miles. It was a close finish, but Joe Los won the race, while Amelia Grady came in a close second. Meg True, supposingly running with her Hubby, Kevin, punched Kevin in the groin to edge him out. Very controversial. Yes, the Green Monster was part of the race, although, objections by many. As race director (I did not run, obviously since my foot is still "dead" as Michael calls it), I had to include that challenge.

3. WLB IDOL

Disney 365 (Abby, Bridgette, and Amelia) won the 3rd annual White Lake Beach Idol. They edged out Nora Los and last year's champs CAMB (Colleen, Annie, Maggie, and Bitsy). The dynamic trio started out pretty poorly on the first day of competition, but had a very strong showing on the second day. Yours truly, was the host of the event, playing Ryan Secrest. A much faster and stronger version. The judges were Sean Grady as Randy, Mary Kate (2nd night) /Claire Creed as Paula Abudl, and Danny Grady as Simon. Danny is awesome as it. Oh, and special judge Steve Wego (Stevee 5000).
Anonymous said…
Dear Eric,
I really, really miss you. I want you to come here again, but not when it is October, just when it is now! We need you to come here if branches fall down again because there was abig branch by the school behind us. And we had some in our backyard. I really want you to cut this big branch. It is really big! It's really big you can't cut it so much. And there is another one in Wheaton College. (Mommy will send you some pictures that would make you so jealous!)
Love, michael and thomas and mommy and dadddy
Anonymous said…
Hey E! That last message was from Michael, transcribed by me! We miss you around here, and at WLB! Sorry to hear things are going slowly--hang in there! We liked your last post with the airplane pictures and videos. We had a BIG thunderstom here on father's day morning, and lost a few big branches from ou tree, but the whole area around us had branches everywhere, so we were lucky! I'll post them on s-fly and share them with you. There was half a huge,old tree down on college ave in front of wheaton college, blocking the whole street, and we were there when the city started to cut it up to open the street again--you would have loved to help!
Well, take care and keep us posted!
Love, Ker