Project work

The weekend was a pretty uneventful weekend. Lets just say I wish I was back home at a BBQ with the family sipping on some hieniken or hamms original. The wheather was not that great for interior AK at this time. Speaking of not that great, which one of you out there got snowed on today, oh o yeah that was me. It literlly snowed on me today when we were about 90 miles north of Fairbanks. We have been doing project work for the past three days up in that area. We are only getting 8 hour work days which means no overtime but hopefully that will change here in the next week or sooner.

Only time will tell. But either way I hope that we get to go on a fire soon because the rookies on the crew think that hotshoting is easy and boring. Well let them keep thinking that, because I know that I did not have time to think that last year we were so busy. So hopefully we will pop something soon so the rooks can see how terrible this job really is. I know after the last project work they think it is like fun and play camping time. I mean they will be hit hard with the reality when we get a fire. Also they have no idea what it will be like to wake up and not be able to move your hands. I mean they will be stuck in the claw formation because that is what everyone does with their hands while they sleep. It is becasue you are holding on to wither your tool handle or the saw handle the entire 16 hours day after day that when you relax your hands to fall asleep your hand will be stuck like that in the morning. Also you get what is called tundra toe from where your boots so long and being cold all the time form the water. That is a wierd feeling that is all ready starting to happen to me.

They will know soon!!!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hey E! We wish you were here too, hanging out on our new patio furniture on the patio!
Andy, Gwenn, Grace, and Evan were here over the weekend and we took tons of pictures. I'll put them on shutterfly today mansour.shutterfly.com. The boys are good--Michael is done with preschool and ready to turn 4! He had climbing last night and went even higher on the wall, so now he goes halfway up! He and Paul climbed a huge sand dune over the weekend, which had Paul sweating bullets, but Michael thought nothing of it! He'll be like a mountain lion when we go to Georgia this summer! And Thomas keeps taking out that photo album and showing me your picture, so I know he's wondering where you are!
We all miss you. Stay safe, and we'll hope for some fires for you!
Love, Kerry
Anonymous said…
Hi E! Been thinking of you. I know you are hoping for some OT so I'll say some prayers. We miss you and stay safe. :) G
Alex P said…
Thanks gauys for the comments...if you can get other people to leave comments too. But I miss all of you very much. If i have not said it all ready i am sayign it now....this year is a lot harder to leave 4 kids instead of 3. I love you all and have good times with out me and thanks for the fire prayers