This is what I looked like when I broke my sunglasses the last day. I had to barrow a pair of clear safety glasses the ones that grampa would wear back in his construction days. Or for you dad the ones I used to where when I got my first tool set. This is what happens when you lose your glasses so I do nto plan on breaking my glasses anytime soon. Just thought you would like this pic.

The week was a good break in to a good fire roll. As I said earlier it was just South of Glennallen. We got there around 6 or so at night on Friday night. We were told to setup camp and then go cut for about 3 hours. When we got back we were then told to eat dinner. The food that we got to eat was just as good as all of you ate at your dinner tables. ...aka your coffee table mom and dad. I am not kidding though. For dinner we had to choose from Steaks, Pork chops, Chicken, Bratwurst, deli meat, potatoes, salad, tomatoes, avacados, mangos, chips (little ind bags), butter, garlic salt, tortillas, beans, and gatorade. Now this all sounds really good but we had a certain amount of food that each one of us could eat per day. We are only alowed 4 poptarts, 6 bagels, two loaves of bread, a lb of lunch meat, 1/2 lb of cheese, 1 tom, 1 onion, 2 cans of beans, 2 cans tuna, 1 steak, 1 chicken, 2 brats, 1 porkchop, and as much oatmeal as you want until it is gone. And being that all of us are grown ass men we eat alot....basically what ever is in front of us. For Kerry and Paul you know that for sure. But I think that I was able to make do pretty well for myself. One major thing I have to mention is that since I left Seattle I have not had any coffee. So for me not to have coffee in the morning everyone on the crew that I was totally nuts. I know that I will break down soon, most likely the first roll, but I will try and be as strong as possible. I will have to try pretty damn hard not to though. It is really the only thing that gets you going after freezing your ass of all night trying to sleep throuhg pain of blisters on your feet and heels. The pain of my back beacsue of the weight we carry on a daily basis. The amount of pain I have been in for my broke ass wrist. Just about the hardest thing to get up in the morning without the coffee but I was trying just to make it through. So far it is not that difficult but I know it will be more and more difficult to make it through.

Every morning I had a cup of hot chocolate and some oatmeal. But the week was not that eventful. I cut for atleast 5 days straight. I was some what exahusted but it was pretty chill for me since my wrist was all broken. I was able to do some sawing with out any pain but most was painful for me. I wanted to show you where we were cutting and how gorgeous it was. We were near the Tolicna river. here is a pic. this is from a bench that we were cutting from. This is exactly where we ate lunch one day. But the other pic is where we setup camp. This is one of the days that all of us sat around the fire at the end of the night just shooting the shit. Well to be honest we sat around the fire every night til we got tired we would all peel off one at a time. The coolest thing about this pic is it is about 9 or 10 at night when I took this pic. And as you can see the shadows on it look pretty visible still. well that is cause the sun stays out for ever. The other pic is of me after we got back to the barracks

on Thursday night, right before I showered.









When I got back to the barracks we still had to go to work the next day, Friday. But thing about me was I re injured my almost healed wrist problem on Thursday morniging that Swisher set me up a Dr appointment for Friday afternoon. The Dr was a very friendly guy and new his stuff, which I was a little nervous about going to. I am not sure why but I think doctors just say what you want to hear or better yet what they want to hear come out fo there own mouths sometimes. but either way the Dr told me that I have Severe Tendinitous and that he is going to prescibe to me some Steriodal and Non-Steriodal anti inflamatory drugs. Now I just have to take for 5 days. I hope to be done with them before the fire call that we will hopefully get very very soon. I love all yas and hope you have the best summer and person could have. I wish you the best of times for the summer. For the Dunne side you better be reading this because I have been writing these for some time and I want you to know that I will think about you alot hope you all have some great weather in White Lake Beach

Comments

ellen said…
Eric,

Mom wants to know if you asked the doctor if that board going thru your head is anything that we need to worry about? Maybe he didn't even notice it? Hope your wrist gets to feeling better real soon. Be careful and take care of yourself. Mom said not to swear so much!

Love
Dad
Alex P said…
It is just my headboard ha ha...did not even notice it. The wrist is doing excellent but will hopefully be on the saw soon