SO it is finally a go

For those of you that read this you will not be getting a blog update for another two weeks or longer. I have been around Fairbanks for the past two months where the fire activity is very minimal. Because the fire season up here is not active at all the lower 48 states wants our help. The other hotshot crew (Chena) just left for California on the Indian fire. They are scheduled to be down there for two weeks and then they will come back. We all wanted to go down instead but due to circumstances that are out of our hands we did not get to go. But what goes around comes around.

We just got the fire order today which means the the overheads are going to be on the phones all day trying to get us plane tickets to go down south as well. I will be sure to update you on how the fire went. I plan on reinjuring my wrist because of all the use i will get out of my wrist when I start swinging the Polaski over and over but that is what the job will take. I will be sure to tell you all about it.

E

Wish me luck and I will stay safe

Comments

Anonymous said…
Good luck E!!! Your wish came true. Hopefully you guys kick the fire's butt soon, but not that soon. We checked the fire on http://www.inciweb.org/incident/1298/. Looks like you have some work to do. Take care and we miss you!
Anonymous said…
Happy for you E! Missed you this weekend at Evan's dedication! Saty safe!