It all begins

04/27/2007

Trip up

So for the those of you that do not know this all ready, which should be no one, I recently accepted a job in Alaska on a hot shot crew. On the 20th of April I began my roadtrip, without Ashley , up towards Alaska. I left Blakes around 12 or 1 on the 20th. I got to the border around 230 or so. I was so excited to be doing this trip. I knew that it was going to be long but it also gave me alot of time for me to think.

The trip from Blake's was about 2800 miles. Byt far the craziest raodtrip I have ever done. When I hit a town called Claresholm AB Canada I had to fill up the tank again and also my spare 5 galloner, you never know. Well right outside of Claresholm, my engine blew. It turns out I blew my idle plate. For those of you that do not know, like me, it means an expensive fix. Shitty Shitty.

Luckily it was a very frinedly town. I called my Dad as soon as it happened and he was able to get me a number for someone just outside of Clareshom. Thanks Dad. Then I had to call a tow truck...which i found out later i did not need to do. It turns out my car would have still be able to be driven the five miles i was outside of town, oh well. I was just to afraid to start my car in fear it would do worse damage.

So i got a tow truck to come get me and tow me back to a mechanics that he recommended. Thanks to him i was able to get a cheap rate at the local motel and also very good advice to where to stop for entertainment along the Alaskan highway.

I was back on the raod by Tuesday and made it to AK by Thurday afternoon. I was able to stop at Liard Hot Springs and some good restuaruants along the way. All in all it was a very pretty highway to drive and the weather was absolutely wonderful. I mean i did not even run into rain. But i woudl never want to do it again. I will happily take a flight up here. I am glad that i can say i did that once in my life.

I will let you know more about the job when I actually start it. Til next time

Comments