The rest of the second roll

During mop up I was moping a stomp hole. That is exactly what it means. It is a stump that burned most of the way down and is still burning hot. And well during the mop up stage I was trying to get this stump all cold and stired up. While awbove me three guys above me were plotting to get me wet. It worked out perfectly that a water tender carrying about 1000 gals of water was driving by at that exact moment. So one of the guys told them they had a hot spot just of the edge of the road and asked if they could wet it down for them. When they all knew I was down there. They actually announced it over the radio that they were about to soak petx' that is what they call me, so the tender did it.

I had no idea where all this water was coming from but it soak me to the bone. Wow was I wet for the rest of the day or what. P everyone got a laugh at my expense but that was fine with me bc the moral was starting to drop drastically it was needed
I tend to be the brunt of a lot of jokes but I am the one that can take it. I am thick thick skinned thanks family

After that it was essl slow for the next 5 or 6 days. I mean we mopped up this hillside that was a shear drop in elevation no doubt. It was a good time for me constructing downhill direct line. I got to saw for like 3 days. It was fun one day we got a bucket dropped on us

More later. Sorry if I said things twove after all I am only human

Comments

Anonymous said…
Funny story E! Enjoy your R&R with Sarah! Miss you!
Anonymous said…
Hi Eric!
I finally took time to sit down and read your blog. It's very intersting even though a little confusing sometimes trying to decifer your technical lingo. I guess fires are bad now compared to the first part of your time there.

I'm glad you got some R & R and I'm glad you got to see Sarah for a short visit. Isn't Lake Tahoe beautiful!

So where exactly are you fighting the fire? Is it near Sacramento or do you move from fire to fire often? Where are you right now? What's the forcast for the rest of the summer as far as fire occerences? I heard a couple were started by lightning strikes. And Brian thinks some start naturally. Are any from humans? Or do you guys ever hear how the fires start?

I have your web page marked so I can check it more often now. I think it's great that you take the time to write it. I can hear your voice in my head as I read it!

You take care of yourself and return safely! Miss you!
Love,
Susie