Things are starting to wind down for PT that is

I have not updated anyone in a quite some time...sorry about that. I just wanted to let everyone know that things are going good. The PT sessions have not been nearly as hard as they were the first week. It is partly because I am in better shape this week then I was last week and more so because I am getting stronger as well.


This weekend was just a chill weekend...you would all be happy for me...I did not go out on Friday and get really drunk like most people get and got. I mean I would say that at least 3/4 of the people went out and spent money and got really drunk and almost got into a fight. But I stayed home and just sat in one the guys room and just chatted all night. It was real chill for me. So then on saturday my roomate slept until 1 or 2 pm while i watched movies and read my book. By the afternoon just about every one is awake from their partying night and hungover sleep. So we all went to town and look for some books and then I headed back to the barracks and watched yet another movie. I love having this computer because I can finally watch movies on it (Thanks Mom and Dad I love you) and i can also update everyone. So Saturday was a very mellow day for me I just wanted to recover my muscles and not think and I managed to do both.


Sunday was a good time. I woke up thinking what in the hell am I going to do today? But as i made plans to go to Barnes and nobles with my roommate, again, I was coming out of my room and saw Swisher, Fremil, and Robbins all waiting in the hallway...so naturally I talked to them. I found out that they were going to Denali National Park and they had an extra seat. So I told my roommate(McKee) that i was going to go with Swisher. So I finally got to Denali National Park and the reason we went is because for those of you that went and remember going you all got to go down the road most likely on the bus. Well that same road is open to the public for a week or two before the busy season of summer comes, where then it is only open to busses. So that was pretty cool to say I have been there. Then we just headed back to Fairbanks. that took about the whole day which Thank HEavens knocked out that day. Then it was back to work on Monday.


The mondy was not bad. We had PT in the morning which was acubie hike up Birch Hill like i did the first day. This time it was the EMT on the crew that was lagging behind in the hike. Harms trained in the Colorado Rockeis so I am not sure why she had a hard time climbing this little hill but non-the-less it made it that much harder for us. While she had to catch up for us we all to wait in the squat position.....painful....you try doing that for 2 mins or more. with an additional 45lbs on your person. Painful Painful Painful.


But when we got to the top we luckily did not stop and jsut headed right back down. I guess Swisher felt bad for us or something. Well that is what I thought until he told us on the road down that we should stop and drop packs and cubies and hold the dolly position (which is lay flat on the ground and raise your legs six inches and hold) and then we all had to do dollys. YEah.


That PT session was not that bad for the majority of us. When we got back to base we had to go to class. The class stuff was a refresher of last yrs class having to do with the fuels and vegetation up in Alaska. That is always a good refresher of a class. Then we talked about setting up camps on fire in AK. Morning class work was all about AK stuff. Then afternoon was a first aid refresher. Which reminds me for those of you that read this can you ask Pam or John to email me wether or not you need to be a Paramedic to be hired on around him...THanks


Then today was incredibly boring. We had boring class work during the day and then PT at night. It was another Indian Run and then pps (push, pull, sit ups) and squats again...those are just not fun. They really hurt me so it means my legs are very weak. Bummer


Tomorrow will be fun becuase it is saw exercise day. So that means I get to see who stays on saw or who gets demoted. For those that do not know i will be a digger this year...so far. This is subject to change at anytime....and hopefully it will change tomorrow. But probably not being that I did not touch a saw this winter. But you never know.


Wish me luck and god bless

Comments

Anonymous said…
We have a tree calling your name if you need to practice sawing this winter. ;) Glad PT is getting better! Thanks for keeping us posted! Miss ya!
amelia said…
E-

Sounds adventurous as ever! I can't wait to see more pic's.